Rewiring your home
How do you know if your home needs rewiring? With electrical wiring hidden away in the roof, walls, or under the floor where you can’t easily see it, it can be hard to know the state of your home’s electrical wiring; whether it has been recently updated and is safe or if it’s not up to Australian standards, posing a hazard to your family. Poor wiring can also cause damage to expensive electrical appliances over time. We recommend you have your wiring reviewed by one of our qualified electricians, particularly if you answer yes to any of the following;
- Your home is fitted with single insulated wiring & steel condults
- The safety switch trips frequently
- Your house was built in the 1970’s or earlier
- There is only one circuit for all your power outlets
- Your home is fitted with rubber or cotton insulation
- Socket outlets are over heating
- You are renovating and can see the wiring is deteriorating/ non-regulation.
What does rewiring involve and what is the cost?
If you have your home rewired, we will replace all of the old wiring, renew powerpoints and switches if required, and investigate the earthing system, upgrading the main switchboard components, if necessary.
Each home is different, our electricians will come to your home to access your wiring and will provide a free, personalised and obligation-free quote for the components that need fixing.
The benefits of renewing electrical wiring
- Your home’s electrical system will be much safer providing protection to your family and your home.
- Your home’s electrical wiring will meet Australian Standards, essential for when you come to sell or renovate your home
- Rewiring the power circuits can eliminate power trips by splitting the outlets over multiple circuits so that they don’t overload.
- Your appliances will not be damaged from poor quality
- Reduce the risk of electrical fires